domingo, 20 de diciembre de 2015

A Thousand Pieces of You


Author: Claudia Gray
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Romance
Publisher: Harper Teen
Year : 2014
Ranking : 4,5/ 5
  

Synopsis


Marguerite Caine’s physicist parents are known for their radical scientific achievements. Their most astonishing invention: the Firebird, which allows users to jump into parallel universes, some vastly altered from our own. However, when Marguerite’s father is murdered, the killer—her parent’s handsome and enigmatic assistant Paul—escapes into another dimension before the law can touch him.

Marguerite cannot let the man who destroyed her family go free, and she races after Paul through different universes, where their lives entangle in increasingly familiar ways. With each encounter, she begins to question Paul’s guilt—and her own heart. Soon she discovers the truth behind her father’s death is more sinister than she ever could have imagined.

The Author


Claudia Gray is a pseudonym and she took a pseudonym simply because she thought it would be fun to choose my own name. Her house is in New Orleans, is more than 100 years old, and it is painted purple. 

Personal Experience with this book


Have you ever felt like you do not want to read anything you planned to read for a month and suddenly felt the strong call from one of the books from the shelf? That was what happened to me with this book. I really felt it called me and told me "Sheyla it is time for you to read me. What are you doing that you do not read me ".

This is the first book I read about multiverse and jump in dimensions. That is why I found this story very interesting. All theories in the plot had a lot of sense to me. I think it is great as the author suppose explain everything that had to be explained about this topic and put it together with her plot.
I cannot say I believed the author from the beginning, it was very obvious what was happening. What I can say is that as the reading progressed I got confused, I knew that what I thought was right but I was very confused as to the depth of the plot and how special our protagonist was.

I enjoyed the different dimensions we visited on this first book. And I liked to see how Meg gradually discovered that the theory of fate Paul was talking about was more or less true. In addition, to see her interact with all the characters – especially in Russia - was really cool because you can really see how a small decision or a small event can completely change the course of life of people and have to do a lot with their personality and lifestyle.

The book gets very good coming to the end and so many things start happening you cannot stop reading. It got me so much that at one point I was hoping it was midday to go to have lunch and then to read or nightfall to sit on my bed to finish the book. I finished in just four days and that, because really I cannot read extended periods - unless it falls on a weekend, but it was not.


The book is a good first book. I want to know where the story will go and I am eager to continue it to see what will happen with all its characters. Did any of you read this book? What did you think? Or if you have not read it, would you like to read?

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Si ya leiste el libro y quieres compartir tu opinion acerca de el sientete libre de comentar. Si por el contrario aun no lo has leido pero te ha motivado a leerlo mi reseña tambien me gustaria que me lo hicieras saber :D

 
Blogger Templates