Genre: New Adult, Romance, Fantasy.
Editorial: Balzer + Bray.
Ranking: 3,8/ 5
Personal Experience with This Book
- The use of Greek mythology in combination with the story of Beauty and the Beast: The Greek mythology has been used as a reference in many books, and I always like to read such books, but I had never seen a combination like this. I loved to see how the story of this world is intertwined with that of the myths of ancient Greece.
- The development of the romance between Ignifex and Nyx: Although it is a love that present itself in a very fast way. These two complement each other and get along so well that you know they are meant to be together. I think this was what I like the most in the book. All interactions between them and when the relationship is much more developed are divine. I have to clarify that I didn’t like the way Nyx falls in love with Ignifex, but I loved the development in their relationship.
- The way the story concludes: I think the end of this story was very nice and realistic. It was not an epic end, instead it was a pretty calm end and it does not give you that craving to finish the story because you want to know what will happen, but I think the way in which the author finished the story was real and also left a feeling of peace.
- The attitude of Nyx: This was my biggest problem when reading. I really did not understand this girl. Sometimes she behaved strong and determined, it gives you the impression that she is one of those heroines who, although full of hatred with his dad for making her do what she is doing, is willing to risk everything to save her family and her people. However, on the other hand, she acted like a girl who had no idea where I stood. And the way in which she gets into the two male protagonists was more than diculous.
- Insta-love: This book has a severe case of Insta-love. Nyx practically falls in love with Shade from the first time she sees him and she was kissing that same night. Although the love that arises between Nyx and Ignifex is very tender it also occurs in a very fast way. And if we see it from the point of view of Nyx and how she thinks this man is the love of her life and feels confused because she thought it was Shade….so you can see how this bothered me.