viernes, 21 de agosto de 2015

Trilogy: Monument 14


Author: Emmy Laybourne
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopia Ciencia Ficcion.
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Year: 2012 - 2014
Ranking: 4,7/ 5
 
Synopsis


Your mother hollers that you're going to miss the bus. She can see it coming down the street. You don't stop and hug her and tell her you love her. You don't thank her for being a good, kind, patient mother. Of course not-you launch yourself down the stairs and make a run for the corner. Only, if it's the last time you'll ever see your mother, you sort of start to wish you'd stopped and did those things. Maybe even missed the bus.

But the bus was barreling down our street, so I ran.
Fourteen kids. One superstore. A million things that go wrong.

The Author

Emmy Laybourne is a novelist, public speaker, screenwriter and former character actress. Before her life as an author, Emmy performed original comedy on Comedy Central, MTV and VH1; and acted in the movies "Superstar," "The In-Laws" and "Nancy Drew," among others. Emmy loves visiting school and libraries. 
Emmy’s Monument 14 trilogy has earned critical praise ("Frighteningly real… riveting" - New York Times Book Review, Editor’s Choice) and has been nominated by readers to the YALSA Teens Top Ten in 2013 and won in 2014.

Personal Experience with This Book


Since I started "Monument 14" I was completely hooked. This trilogy is a roller coaster of emotions. I read all three books in five I just want to say that it was very much worth reading.

Although the first book is very good, it is not a spectacular book because of the fact that basically the author introduces us to the characters and the world she has created. However, when you reach the end of the first book you are so hooked on the story you can not hesitate to start the second one.

The second book is much faster. I read it in about 6 hours. There is always something going on. As a reader you do not have any rest. In the second book you can see how the personalities of the characters change and begin to be reflected. They believed in each other much even though it's only been two weeks since they are together. We discovered more things about the world and we realize that the kids are in more danger than appeared in the first book. It is an excellent continuation to a trilogy.

The third book I can say that I LOVED IT. Perhaps the only thing that bothered me about this book was Astrid’s attitude but ultimately I got to understand her. I can say that again we rode the roller coaster of emotions. You do not ever stop worrying. Or at least I could not help it, I was afraid for each of them. And when you finally finished reading the trilogy, I was so relieved and happy I could not contain my tears. The final epilogue was one of the best ways to end a trilogy of this type.

I repeat what I said about the characters in my review of the first book, which I’ll HERE, I have no favorite character. I think I was mostly felt identified with Niko but I cannot say that he has been my favorite. Each of them has a special personality and they complement each other very well, I honestly cannot pick one. The author got a home-run with those characters.

I cannot go into much detail about the plots of the two later books but I can say that this trilogy improves with each book. The first book was a 4 for me and to the other two I gave them a 5 on Goodreads each. If you are going to start it, I suggest you have the other two books at hand because each book ends so you want to read the following just as you have finished the last one. And since you start reading until they end, you would not stop reading because in the next chapter “something” might happen.

It's a great trilogy and I think if you like post-apocalyptic stories you should give it a try. To me, I loved it. 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Si ya leiste el libro y quieres compartir tu opinion acerca de el sientete libre de comentar. Si por el contrario aun no lo has leido pero te ha motivado a leerlo mi reseña tambien me gustaria que me lo hicieras saber :D

 
Blogger Templates